How to find a great roofing contractor company
There aren’t many issues that represent a bigger headache than a leaky roof. It’s arguably the most important part of your home in regards to keeping it protected and maintaining its value but it’s also often the last thing a homeowner thinks about.
Buying a new roof isn’t like most major home renovation projects. It’s not something people get excited about the way they would for new hardwood floors, kitchen restoration, bathroom renovation or bumping out a room to add more space. It’s something that is generally replaced out of necessity rather than by choice and when the time comes, the decision-making process can be difficult.
Not only is the cost of replacing a roof a serious investment but the consequences of choosing the wrong contractor to complete the job can be costly. We hear horror stories every day where someone pays for a new project installed by a non-certified roofing company only to find out that less than a year later, it’s leaking because it wasn’t installed by a certified company, the warranty isn’t valid. Our team gets called to clean up the mess, minimize the damage and limit the financial impact.
Running a Google search for the best roofing contractor in your area will quickly show that there are a plethora of options out there. Some boast offering the cheapest price, some claim to have the most experience and some to offer the best quality. But how can a consumer separate the quality roofing contractors from those that are less than reputable? What should you as a customer be looking for?
The Rydel Roofing team in Ottawa has put together a great guide that we hope will help answer a few questions and point you in the right direction towards finding the best roofing company in Ottawa for your home.
Roofing Contractor Company Qualifications Guide
- Roofing Experience – Anyone can offer the lowest price or the biggest selection of inventory while only a handful of roofing companies can leverage the test of time. Look for roofing companies that have been successful for a minimum of 5 years who can back their claims with testimonials and reviews.
- Free Estimates – Make a roofing company earn your business by providing a free estimate and honest advice.
- Warranties – Warranties are a huge part of the roofing industry because at the end of the day you are buying trust. As a customer, it’s important that you know that not only will your roof look great and provide protection for your home but it’s also important to trust that if something should arise and you have issues with your roof a few years down the road, the installer and manufacturers will honour the extended warranty. Whether you are dealing with IKO, Wakefield Bridge, Ideal Roofing, Euroshield or any other roofing products manufacturer, in order for a product to be covered under its warranty, it must be installed by a certified installation company. Curious about roof warranty details? Follow our Roof Warranties Guide to get a better understanding of how they work.
- Bureau of Better Business or BBB – As a means to help maintain business accountability, the Bureau of Better Business or BBB gives consumers the power to post reviews and solve discrepancies or disputes publicly. In order for a business to maintain or earn an A+ BBB rating, they have to carry a high level of customer service and resolve any issues to the satisfaction on the client.
- Third-party contractor review websites (HomeStars, Angie’s List etc) – Similar to BBB, sites like this provide consumers with the opportunity to maintain accountability between the customer and contractor. The best companies who maintain the highest standards can even get rewarded with the title of “Best of” for their service area and category.
- Social Media – If the BBB, Homestars and Testimonials just not enough and you want to dive even deeper into the search for a great roofing company in Ottawa, check out their social media business pages and reviews to see how things stack up.
See how Rydel Roofing measures up vs the competition
Now entering our eighth year in business, Rydel Roofing has built a reputation with both our clients and business relationships that we are very proud to hold to the highest standards. There might be some companies who have been around longer than us but none that have maintained a better reputation since we started.
Our Free Estimates
It is always our pleasure to offer free roofing estimates and honest advice. If we feel that a cost-effective repair if the best option for your roof, we’ll let you know.
We are a certified installer for most major shingle and roofing product manufacturers and we also offer an extended 10-year ongoing service warranty on top of the pre-existing warranties offered by companies IKO, Wakefield Bridge or Ideal Roofing.
Find us on BBB
Run a Google search or simply visit the Rydel Roofing BBB page and you will see that we proudly maintain an A+ Rating. 🙂
Check us out on HomeStars
Rydel Roofing has humbly been awarded the title of HomeStars Best Roofing company in Ottawa. We are tremendously proud of this award as it’s not something one can buy with money nor win through a popularity contest on social media. In order to win the Best of Award on HomeStars, a business has to earn it by leading its industry in reviews, response time, recency and overall customer satisfaction rating from real clients.
Rydel Roofing invites all of our customers to offer a review on our work and so far we have earned a perfect 5 stars on Facebook reviews.
Thank you for considering our roofing services
There is a lot to take into consideration when searching for the right roofing contractor company for your roofing project. We understand there are a lot of companies to choose from and truly appreciate that you are considering our team as a candidate for your new roof installation. We know our competition and feel the best way for us to separate ourselves is by being as transparent, honest and forthcoming as possible. Our hope is that these few key points will help make your decision-making process a little bit easier and should you chose us as your ideal Ottawa roofing company, we’d relish the opportunity to exceed your expectations.